But if you want to earn a bachelor’s in business from the program that produces the nation’s biggest paychecks—the Haas School of Business at the College of California Berkeley—you’ll first need to get into one of the nation’s many exclusive universities, then spend the following two years flourishing in challenging pre-requisites and demonstrating management and entrepreneurial passion, then create a persuasive application essay, and also maybe pass an interwatch.
You are watching: How to get into haas school of business undergraduate
For those that make it, there’s a huge payoff to all that work. Haas students sign up with a little, elite regime. The school has actually only about 700 undergraduates, which represents less than 3% of Berkeley’s undergraduate populace of 27,000. And the Haas name shows up to lug weight through employers. PayScale.com reports that on average, Berkeley produces the highest-earning business majors in the country. The average recent Haas alumnus reports earning more than $70,000 a year—and that’s not counting anyone who went on to earn an MBA. (Here"s steustatiushistory.org"s list of the nation"s 10 best-worth undergraduate business programs.)
Interviews via alumni and also officials of the Haas School revealed these 5 keys for acquiring in, the majority of of which would certainly also stand also you in excellent stead with other competitive organization programs.
1. Apply as a climbing junior. All Berkeley students have the right to sign up for business courses. But Haas only accepts as majors students who have actually completed 2 years of college. Last year, Haas welcomed about 43% of the Berkeley sophomores that applied. The college likewise accepts some transfers yet provides preference to Californians attending in-state neighborhood colleges.
2. Take the challenging prerequisites. Applicants have to complete—and gain good qualities in—many tough prerequisites, consisting of calculus and also statistics, and show capacity in a international language. Haas doesn’t desire civilization that sabsence off once they acquire into Berkeley, states Haas Dean Ricdifficult Lyons “You’ve gained to store functioning. It doesn’t obtain any easier.”
3. Take some liberal arts too. “We desire civilization who are functional thinkers. If civilization have actually one-track minds, they aren’t as valuable,” Lyons claims.
See more: Watch The Walking Dead Season 8 Episode 10 Full Episode Free Online And On Tv
NEWSLETTER: COLLEGE_PLANNERSign up for COLLEGE_PLANNER and even more ViewSample
4. Don"t be greedy. In spite of its high-earning alums, Lyons states Haas isn’t interested in applicants that show up to be urged exclusively by steustatiushistory.org. Instead, he states, the adgoals team desires to understand if students “have a sense of stewardship to an issue that is bigger than you and your career.”
5. Know your passions. Grades and courses only account for fifty percent of the Haas admission decision. The rest is based on students’ application essays and also résumés. Jessica Tiao, who graduated from Haas in 2011, claims the effective applicants she knew “all had high GPAs and also were incredibly well rounded, but also had a really cool job side service or something they were super passionate around.”