The Canadians are coming! We help you prep for Cabbage Head, Tammy, the Head Crusher, and also more.
You are watching: Kids in the hall cabbage head
ByMargaret SeilerMay 28, 2015
More than 30 years after they initially acquired together, the Canadian comedy quintet of Kevin McDonald, Bruce McCulloch, Dave Foley, Mark McKinney, and also Scott Thompchild lug their latest reunion stage act to the Schnitz.
While the live display can’t perfectly complement the original tv sketch show Kids in the Hall—that early-’90s late-night cult classic—it’s still a fine showinstance for some timeless KITH personalities (and also additionally their convincing arsenal of women’s wigs, perhaps currently through a couple of even more gray ones thrown in).
Watch for girl-drink drunks and the Chicken Lady, not to cite scapoint zingers from catty bar fly Buddy Cole, that once sagely asserted that “Americans know as a lot about Canada as straight world execute about gays.” Buddy was much from the only quotable Kid, of course. Here are a couple of even more characters whose wisdom echoes through the eras. Try dropping some in a conversation this particular day.
1. THE QUOTE: “Never on the initially date.”
THE SPEAKER: Tammy (Bruce McCulloch), a pop star who could be a precursor to Robyn, just not Swedish and also slightly much less brilliant.
THE REASON: Is tbelow a far better answer to give once the celebrity tabloids ask your thoughts on abortion? I didn’t think so.
2. THE QUOTE: “Just bereason they’re not floating approximately at the end of a pair of boobs doesn’t mean they need to be ignored.”
THE SPEAKER: Neglected husband (Scott Thompson) whose wife prevents his nipples bereason she thinks guys pee via them. She’s shocked to learn the fact.
THE REASON: The referral is to men’s nipples, yet the sentiment could also use to problems of inequity in public accommodation, your blood pressure and sodium numbers, and also feelings.
3. THE QUOTE: “In America, a guy’s girlfriend breaks up through him over the phone, so he gets a gun and kills the primary...Everyone is sad, until they acquire the day off. The following week, another man, another gal, one more ‘we can still be friends’ phone call. Uh-oh, the assistant major gets it, and everyone’s sad because they don’t acquire the day off, because he was simply the assistant primary.”
THE SPEAKER: The guy who loves America, bereason “where else can a man acquire a job riding a whale at Naval Land?” (Bruce McCulloch)
THE REASON: That episode aired in the time of the administration of the initially President Shrub, lengthy prior to Kip Kinkle, Columbine, Elliot Rodger, and
4. THE QUOTE: “Is it because I have actually a cabbage for a head?”
THE SPEAKER: Cabbage Head (Bruce McCulloch), who blames not acquiring what he wants on his vegetal birth defect.
THE REASON: For those times you simply can’t admit that he/she won’t sleep with you because you’re an asshole.
5. THE QUOTE: “Look into my challenge, and also recognize that to look right into my challenge is to look right into the confront of evil.”
THE SPEAKER: Sir Simon Milligan (Kevin McDonald), a self-described servant of Satan who celebrates what’s surely a Canadian variation of evil, noted by mild impoliteness and also harmless white lies.
THE REASON: Handy for parents when instituting bedtime on college nights.
6. THE QUOTE: “Alouette, gentille alouette / Alouette, je te plumerai / Je te plumerai la tete….” (Translation: Little skylark, lovely bit skylark / I will pluck you / I will pluck your head….)
THE SPEAKER: Jacques and François (Dave Foley and also Kevin McDonald), modern fur trappers that paddle roughly corporate offices, knocking civilization out and stealing their Armanis.
THE REASON: It’s constantly a hoot to realize exactly how disturbing the lyrics of children’s songs are. And hey, it’s just a catchy song.
7. THE QUOTE: “I’m crushing your head!”
THE SPEAKER: The Head Crusher (Mark McKinney), whose only joy in life originates from framing farameans heads between his thumb and forefinger, and also then squeezing.
See more: The Walking Dead Season 6 Episode 2 Download, Watch The Walking Dead Online
THE REASON: A good means to pass the moment waiting for TriMet.
Kids in the Hall, May 30 at 8 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Eat & DrinkLayout & ShoppingArts & CultureNews & City LifeTravel & OutdoorsHome & Real EstateHealth & WellnessBest of the CityThe MagazineSubscribe