At school, among my friends was in the scientific research lab, and he saw drink from his water bottle. Turns out, he drank out of a beaker via H2SO4 inside it. He had to go to the hospital, but I'm wondering, have the right to you die by drinking H2SO4?


*

It's feasible - but rather unmost likely. Acidity likewise relies on dilution - if it's concentrated enough it could absolutely do some damage to internal tissue bring about bleeding, which - untfinished might result in death.

You are watching: What happens if you drink sulfuric acid

Also: I call bullshit, because of the presence of the rhyme:

Billy was a chemist's son, Now Billy is no even more. What Billy assumed was H2O Was H2SO4

Also - don't eat or drink in labs


Yes. And he more than likely has actually chemical burns on his mouth, esophagus, tongue, and so on Concentration is essential. If it were a 1% solution, there is a lot much less risk and damage than a 40% solution.

So I have a question to you:

WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE DRINK ANYTHING OUT OF A BEAKER?! AND WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE DRINK ANYTHING IN A LAB?!?!?!


If it's focused sufficient, absolutely. But the concentration is essential, bereason you could be talking around somepoint that's almost indistinguishable to water, or something that deserve to damage tworries (or steel, for that matter) incredibly quickly.


Yes Sulfuric acid can kill you. Here is details around sulfuric acid poisoning.

Outlook (Prognosis)

How well a patient does depends on just how quick the poiboy is diluted and neutralized. Extensive damages to the mouth, throat, eyes, lungs, esophagus, nose, and also stomach are possible. The ultimate outcome depends on the degree of this damage.

Damage continues to occur to the esophagus and also stomach for numerous weeks after the poiboy was swallowed, and also death might take place as long as a month later on. Treatment may need removal of component of the esophagus and stomach.

Swenabling the poiboy have the right to reason death.

See more: Predict The Chemical Formula For The Ionic Compound Formed By Ca²⁺ And Clo₃⁻


1
Share
ReportSave
level 1
· 5y

From what I deserve to uncover, sulfur isn't extremely poisonous, so I doubt H2SO4 has actually a lot threat past just the reality that it's acidic. And you can taste acid, so if it's dangerously acidic you'd speak drinking immediately. If you confusage it for water, it's exceptionally watered down. From what I understand also, 1% sulfuric acid would be roughly as sour as lemon juice.


1
Share
ReportSave
level 1
· 5y

Johnny was a chemist's son

But Johnny is no more

What Johnny assumed was H20

Was H2SO4


1
Share
ReportSave
More articles from the NoStupidQuestions community
Continue browsing in r/NoStupidQuestions


*

r/NoStupidQuestions
Ask away!
2.4m
Members


6.3k

Online


Created Feb 2, 2013
Join
*
*
*
*

*

Top posts march 11th 2016Top write-ups of march, 2016Top short articles 2016
helpsteustatiushistory.org coinssteustatiushistory.org premiumsteustatiushistory.org gifts
aboutcareerspressadvertiseblogTermsContent policyPrivacy policyMod policy
Back to Top