Multiple alternative inquiries.
You are watching: Which accurately describes a situation in which consumers have inelastic demand
1.The price elasticity of demand is: a) the ratio of the percentage readjust in amount demanded to the portion readjust in price. b) the responsiveness of revenue to a adjust in amount. c) the ratio of the change in quantity demanded separated by the readjust in price. d) the response of revenue to a adjust in price.
2.If demand is price elastic, then: a) a climb in price will raise complete revenue. b) a fall in price will certainly raise complete revenue. c) a autumn in price will certainly lower the quantity demanded. d) a increase in price won"t have actually any kind of impact on total profits.
3. Complementary goods have: a) the exact same elasticities of demand also. b) extremely low price elasticities of demand also. c) negative cross price elasticities of demand also with respect to each various other. d) positive earnings elasticities of demand.
4. The price elasticity of demand mainly tends to be: a) smaller in the lengthy run than in the brief run. b) smaller sized in the short run than in the long run. c) bigger in the short run than in the lengthy run. d) unconcerned the length of time.
5. If the price elasticity of supply of doodads is 0.60 and the price boosts by 3 percent, then the amount gave of doodads will increase by a) 0.60 percent. b) 0.20 percent c) 1.8 percent d) 18 percent.
6. Suppose we recognize that the price elasticity of demand also of great X is equal to -1.2. Then, if its price will increase by 5%, we can predict via certainty that a) quantity demanded of that good will increase. b) the revenue of the firm creating that good will certainly boost by 6%. c) the revenue of the firm producing that good will certainly decrease by 6%. d) the amount demanded of that good will certainly decrease by 6%. e) None of the over.
7. A 10% rise in the price of movie ticket in Westridge 8 leads to a 15% decrease in the variety of tickets offered, indicating the demand also for movie ticket in Westridge 8 is: a) elastic. b) inelastic. c) unit elastic. d) Can not tell from the indevelopment given.
8. If the cross-price elasticity in between two commodities is 1.5, a) the 2 products are high-end products. b) the 2 products are complements. c) the 2 goods are substitutes. d) the two items are normal items.
True/False/Unparticular. For each of the complying with statements, say whether it is true, false, or unparticular and define your answer.
1. It is reasonable to suppose the cross price elasticity of demand for golf clubs and also golf balls to be positive.
Golf clubs and also golf balls are complementary goods. This means that, as the price of golf clubs rises (a positive change), the intake of golf balls decreases (a negative change). Cross price elasticity of demand also is equal to the ratio of these alters and also will be negative. The statement is false.
2. If the demand also is perfectly elastic, then a change in the supply curve does not affect the equilibrium price.
|True, because a perfectly elastic demand curve is horizontal. As such, no issue what the change is the equilibrium price will certainly constantly reprimary the exact same. (See graph.)|
3. The demand also curve for autos is more elastic than the demand curve for Fords.
False. A Ford deserve to be substituted by a different version. It is not as easy to discover a substitute for a auto in basic. The even more substitutes a great has actually, the more elastic is the demand also for that excellent. Thus, demand for Fords is more elastic. 4. Suppose you own a "Here Comes the Sun" tanning salon and also the demand also curve for your solutions is downward sloping. Further, intend that a new tanning salon dubbed "Sunny Delight" opens 2 blocks away from your salon. Tell whether the following 3 statements are true, false or unspecific and also explain your answer.
a. The demand curve for your services shifts to the right. This new salon is a substitute for your solutions. After it has appeared, your consumers have actually more alternative, and some of them will begin using the new salon. So the demand for your services will certainly decrease, or change to the left. The statement is false.
b. The demand for your services becomes even more elastic. One of the determinants determining the price elasticity of demand also for the great is the number of substitutes. More substitutes - more elastic demand. The statement is true.
c. The cross-price elasticity of the demand also for your solutions with respect to the price charged by "Sunny Delight" is negative. These two products (services) are substitutes. The cross-price elasticity of substitutes is positive, because as the price of one of them boosts, the demand for (and therefore the usage of) the other one boosts, too. The statement is false.
Short Answer Concern. 5. At first Hans Johnchild was the only customer in the market for "Casa de Econ" beer, developed by a tiny neighborhood brewery. When the price of "Casa de Econ" six-pack varies in between $10 and $20, the price elasticity of his individual demand is equal to negative 1. Now imagine that Hans has actually been cloned 4 times, and also currently we have 5 identical consumers in the industry for "Casa de Econ". What will certainly happen to the price elasticity of market demand also in the price array provided above? Will the demand come to be more price elastic, much less price elastic, or will certainly elasticity remain the same? Exordinary your answer.
See more: Is That Your Hand On My Girlfriend Song, Is That Your Aunt Or My Girlfriend
Since elasticity deals with relative transforms, it doesn"t issue how many kind of consumers we have actually in the industry as long as every one of them are exact same. (If the amount demanded for each of them alters by 50%, that would certainly mean the quantity demanded in the whole sector will readjust by 50%, as well.) So the price elasticity of demand also will stay the very same.